Nabil Bentaleb: Schalke midfielder admits he would still like to be at Tottenham Hotspur

Nabil Bentaleb: Schalke midfielder admits he would still like to be at Tottenham Hotspur
Nabil Bentaleb has admitted that part of him wishes he was still at Tottenham Hotspur.The Algeria international was a regular in the Spurs team during Mauricio Pochettinos first season in charge in 2014.Nabil Bentaleb signed permanently for Schalke in 20172
Nabil Bentaleb signed permanently for Schalke in 2017
An ankle injury at the start of the 2015/16 season kept him out for three months and when he returned to full fitness he could not displace Eric Dier, Mousa Dembele or Dele Alli in midfield.This had a bad impact on his attitude and he did not start another league game for the club.He was loaned to Schalke in 2016 and sold the following season.Bentaleb playing for Tottenham2
Bentaleb playing for Tottenham
I got injured and when I came back, I wanted to play so bad that I had some arguments (with Pochettino), Bentaleb told the Independent. I was a little bit frustrated, and I was learning basically. Being on the bench is a learning curve.I know I made mistakes. But they helped me learn, as a man. And they dont stop me from sleeping at night. And if I was 24 right now, and I had been at Tottenham, I dont think I would make the same mistakes.I would be a hypocrite to say that I would not like to be there, and I am not a hypocrite. But this is football. England gave me the chance, he added. Where I am from, in France, no-one gave that to me. So I am forever grateful to Tottenham, the whole club, the administration.They gave me an opportunity to make my dream, to realise my dream. I grew up from 16 in England, and I left at 20. I spent a lot of time there, made lots of friends. I love that country, I love the football over there.The 24-year-old has kick started his career with the Bundesliga side and is preparing to face Manchester City in the last-16 of the Champions League on Wednesday.

Champions League on talkSPORT

Leroy Sane could line up against his former club when Schalke host Manchester City live on talkSPORT at 20:00 on Wendesday 20 February

Laurent Blanc was among the Inter legends on show

Uruguay, Italy and the World Cup | Lucas Torreira If I hadn't moved to Europe, I don't think I would have been called up for the national team. I'd never even played for the youth sides but then, during a great final season with Sampdoria, I received a call from the national team coach.
The surprise Unai Emery can spring with his five penalty

David de Gea was at fault for Granit Xhaka’s opening goal

Manchester United transfer news: Ryan Sessegnon emerges as target with Red Devils making enquiry for Fulham starlet Manchester United have contacted Fulham over a possible deal for Ryan Sessegnon, according to reports. Sky Sports News claim the teenage full-back, who has just talkSPORT 14 hours ago
Why Ryan Sessegnon make an impact at Manchester United

Felipe Anderson was the star for West Ham against Burnley

Toulouse youngster Jean-Clair Todibo has reportedly emerged as a transfer target for Liverpool and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Todibo does not turn 19 until December, but the Frenchman has already
Liverpool news and transfers RECAP - Moreno slams Klopp, Reds

Solskjaer is in pole position to land the United job on a permanent basis

Pick your Tottenham team to play Borussia Dortmund. Borussia Dortmund. Borussia Dortmund are facing an injury crisis ahead of Wednesday's Champions League clash against Tottenham as up to nine
Tottenham 3 Borussia Dortmund 1: Harry Kane shows his class

Tielemans has been one of the signings of the season despite only joining in January

Miguel Almiron insists it is an "honour" to be Newcastle United's first club-record signing in 13-and-a-half years - and claims he does not feel any pressure because of the significant price tag.
Miguel Almiron says he dreams of 'achieving something big

Radamel Falcao’s spell with Chelsea was hampered by injury setbacks

Sensational Manchester United striker plans as Old Trafford star could leave and Liverpool get huge transfer boost as Arsenal plan for future - Premier League rumours
Transfer deadline day: 10 players who could still be on the

Rodgers insists his team will not play for a draw

Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi continues to want to join Bayern Munich, but his trip to Germany has nothing to do with a transfer being on the verge of going through. Talk of a move to Bayern
'We want to sign the player' Bayern Munich confirm 'talks

Gary Neville, right, has heaped praise on Liverpool keeper Alisson

SHOWTIME Spurs will finally move into the new home on April 3rd and the club have asked fans to arrive as early as possible and be in on time for the pre-match show An opening ceremony will take place on April 3 ahead of the first fixture at Tottenham's new stadium against Crystal Palace, it has been confirmed.
Tottenham Will Play Crystal Palace in 1st Premier League Game

The Ajax boss led his young side to the Champions League semi-final

Scottish Premiership: Super Computer predicts where every team will finish in 2018/19 season *March update* After 28 games played, talkSPORT.com looks at how the table could look at the end of the
Scottish Premiership: Super Computer predicts where every

Warnock lost his temper on the touchline

May 17, 2017 · The best player from every Premier League club this season One of just four individuals to play every single minute for their side in the Premier League this season, Steve Cook has developed a
FourFourTwo's Premier League table of annoying: every club's

Kurt Zouma has made 24 appearances for Everton this season

Arsenal have reportedly identified Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Christopher Nkunku as a potential January signing. The Gunners will eventually need to find a replacement for Aaron Ramsey - who
Arsenal locked in talks over Christopher Nkunku after Unai

Gareth Bale has struggled for form this season

Sir Alex Ferguson threatened to sell Ruud van Nistelrooy after the Manchester United striker swapped shirts with an unnamed Manchester City player, it has been revealed by Phil Neville. The ex
Ruud reveals shock at Keane exit - Manchester Evening News

Phil Neville’s England side have a great chance at the World Cup

MANCHESTER CITY ace Bernardo Silva refuses to take down his Christmas tree after his side lifted the Premier League title. The Portugese playmaker revealed on Instagram his tree is still up six
Bizarre reason Man City star Bernardo Silva STILL has

Post a Comment

0 Comments